Monday, January 3, 2011

Mission Accomplished

Have you ever been to Royal Claytons? If not, lucky are you to be spared such horrors since it appears I have single-handedly taken them down. Quite fed up one day a few months ago, I signed up to Yelp and wrote this review:



Three days a go I received this response:

Just so you know......


I was fired over your Royal Clayton's review. It was terrible. I lost my apartment, my boyfriend, everything. I can see that was your first review so i guess my terrible service prompted you to sign up on here. Just so you know that DOES happen to people so use this site wisely, and in turn, I will work on my manners. Anyway, Clayton's is now out of business and I have a way better job. So thanks. I guess.




Yes, I entertained the thought that his could in fact be a prank, but my heart knows it is not. How else to explain the warm-fuzzy body high I felt when reading Katie's response? Two whiskey and ginger-ales you say? Yes, most likely. That and the warm embrace of justice being served.


You're welcome.


Yelp: mad respect.

1 comment:

  1. i see now that i have underestimated the cultural power and significance of yelp, as well as the power of your scathing and ruthless writing. i hope you will never unleash it upon me.

    ReplyDelete